Competition is one of the essential prerequisites for the development of an open market economy, which is undoubtedly the current trade turnover. Competition makes it possible to increase consumer choice and the quality of goods or services to be improved. This is why it is essential increased protection of competition to be provided, which is mainly achieved in the Republic of Bulgaria by the Law on Protection of Competition.
The practice shows that most of the clients are seeking legal services related to the imitation pursuant to Art. 35 of the Law on Protection of Competition and which includes:
- The prohibition of the offering of goods or services whose appearance, packaging, marking, name or other features deceive or may lead to deception in respect of their origin, manufacturer, seller, method and place of manufacture, the source and manner of acquisition or purpose, the quantity, quality, nature, consumer properties and other substantial characteristics of the goods or services;
- The prohibition of the use of a trading name, mark, or geographical indication identical or similar to those of other persons, in a manner that may lead to infringing the interests of competitors;
- The prohibition of the use of a domain name or web-site design identical or similar to those of other persons in a manner that may mislead and/or infringe the interests of competitors.
Of course, the imitation is just one of the prohibitions of unfair competition provided by the Law on Protection of the Competition, on par with the others that are specified in the mentioned Act, namely: the damaging good name of competitors; the misleading; the misleading and comparative advertising; the unfair solicitation of clients; the disclosure of production or trade secrets and abuse of a dominant position.
Competition law is a matter in which you are advised to seek the assistance of a specialist in the field. We will gladly assist you in matters related to unfair competition by conducting professional consultations and subsequently to initiate the proceedings before the Commission for Protection of Competition. Some of the services in the field of unfair competition we are providing by cooperating with other law firms, with which we have worked during the past years.
The services provided in this field include, but are not limited to:
- Legal advice in the field of unfair competition: the damaging good name of competitors; the misleading; the misleading and comparative advertising; the unfair solicitation of clients; the disclosure of production or trade secrets and abuse of a dominant position;
- Legal advice on consumer protection and fair trade practices;
- Initiation of proceedings before the Commission for Protection of Competition.
EACH CLIENT WILL RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK CONTAINING ARTICLES WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT TRADEMARKS.
FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER OF ANY OF OUR SERVICES YOU WILL RECEIVE UP TO 15% DISCOUNT.