EUROPEAN UNION TRADEMARKS
European Union trademark registration is administered by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), located in Alicante, Spain. Registration of a European Union trademark (Community trademark) before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) is the best and easiest way for the protection of trademarks in the European Union. When the mark is successfully registered, the protection is spread on the territory of all member states of the European Union. The owner of the European Union trademark (Community trademark or European trademark) has the right to use it not only on the territory of one member state of the European Union but also on the territory of the whole union.
During the registration procedure of a European Union trademark it is advisable to seek an assistance from a specialist with experience in the this field, as a thorough knowledge of trademark law is required and a number of features need to be taken into account. An experienced trademark professional will not only take care of the registration of your trademark, but will also help you successfully retain your trademark after registration, which is one of the most important obligations of any trademark owner.
One of the most frequently ordered services in the past years in the practice of the law firm of Krassimira Kadieva is the services related to registration of European Union trademarks. The law firm of Krasimira Kadieva offers comprehensive analysis and strategy for the effective protection of trademarks as objects of industrial property, both at the time of registration and in violation of the rights thereto. Krasimira Kadieva will gladly assist you in all types of trademark registrations by providing professional advice and preparation of all necessary documents. Krasimira Kadieva is an author of numerous articles in the field of trademark law and constantly follows the changes in legislation in this area as well as regularly attends conferences, practical courses, seminars, forums and webinars for improving of her professional qualifications.
Services provided to clients by the Bulgarian intellectual property lawyer Krasimira Kadieva in this area include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic analysis;
- A preliminary search of existing identical or similar trademarks in order to avoid trademark infringement (unauthorized use) and potential lawsuits;
- Filing a European Union trademark application before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market;
- Legal representation during the registration process of the European Union trademark;
- Legal representation in case of an opposition against the registration of the European Union trademark;
- Monitoring of the European Union trademark after the registration;
- Trademark maintenance services:
- Registration of change of name or address of the holder of a European Union trademark;
- Restrictions in the list of goods and /or services of a registered European Union trademark;
- Filing of a request for registration and publication of transfer of rights;
- Drafting of opposition against the registration of a trademark;
- Drafting of rules for the use of collective and certification marks;
- Protection of the European Union trademark against infringements and enforcement;
- Revocation of European Union trademarks;
- Renewal of European Union trademarks;
- Drafting and answering of cease and desist letters;
- Out-of-Court settlement negotiations;
- Registration of collective and certification trademarks;
- Drafting of settlement agreements;
- Request for the conversion of a European Union trademark application into a national trademark application;
- TRADEMARK MONITORING.
EUROPEAN UNION TRADEMARK REGISTRATION SERVICE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Strategic analysis;
- Consultation – providing information on the registration procedure;
- Providing of a specially prepared brochure containing important information about the European Union trademarks;
- Conducting a preliminary search of existing identical or similar trademarks in order to avoid trademark infringement (unauthorized use) and potential lawsuits;
- Drafting of a detailed analysis of the data and recommendations for further actions, including and, where necessary, proposals for change in the trademark before submitting the application for registration to overcome the infringement of existing prior rights on identical or similar trademarks;
- Analysis of the mark pursuant to the Regulation 2424/2015 and provision of the results of the analysis;
- Proposal of an appropriate range of goods and services for which the European trademark should be filed;
- Filing of the application form for registration of the European trademark;
- Payment of fees;
- Submission of the application form for registration of the European trademark at the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) ;
- Legal representation during the registration process;
- Timely communication with the client on the course of the registration procedure;
- Obtaining a certificate for a registered European Union trademark;
- A reminder of the deadline for renewal of registration of the European Union trademark.
If you wish to assign us the registration of your European Union trademark, you can use the electronic services by filling in the relevant electronic form, which is available HERE.
EACH CLIENT WILL RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK CONTAINING ARTICLES WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT TRADEMARKS.
FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER OF ANY OF OUR SERVICES YOU WILL RECEIVE UP TO 15% DISCOUNT.