PATENT REGISTRATION IN BULGARIA
EUROPEAN PATENT VALIDATION IN BULGARIA
According to Article 12 of the Law on Patents and Utility Model Registration, the legal protection of a patentable invention is granted by means of a patent. A patent attests to the exclusive right of the owner on the invention. The term of validity of a patent is 20 years from the date of filing of the application. The advantage of the protection of the invention is that the owner is entitled to prohibit the use, import, sale of the protected work or the application of the patented method in the country. The owner may also use the invention as well as authorize others to use the invention.
Patents are granted for inventions in any field of technology, which are new, involve an inventive step and are susceptible of industrial application.
Novelty – the invention shall be considered to be new if it does not form part of the state of the art. The state of the art shall be held to comprise everything made available to the public by means of a written or oral description, by use, or in any other way, anywhere in the world, before the filing date or the priority date, as appropriate, of the patent application. Inventive step – the invention shall be considered to involve an inventive step if, having regard to the state of the art at the filing date or the priority date, respectively, it is not obvious to a person skilled in the art. Industrial application – the invention shall be considered susceptible of industrial application if its subject matter can be made or used repeatedly in any branch of industry or agriculture.
Depending on its territorial validity the patent may be registered as a national patent, European patent, and international patent. The procedure for granting a patent is a long and complex process, which is associated with monitoring multiple deadlines and payment of multiple state fees. Clients are advised to engage an industrial property representative with extensive experience in the field if they intend to register a patent or validate a European patent in Bulgaria.
Services provided to clients in this area include, but are not limited to:
• Assessment and consultation whether the created invention is patentable;
• Patent purity searches;
• Legal representation before the Patent Office of Republic of Bulgaria during the registration process of the patent in Bulgaria;
• Filling of the application for registration of a patent in Bulgaria;
• Description of the invention;
• Patent invalidation services;
• Protection against all types of infringements;
• Protection before judicial and customs authorities;
• Drafting of license agreements;
• Filing of a request for registration and publication of transfer of rights;
• Registration of change of name or address of the owner of a patent;
• Monitoring and payment of annual maintenance fees;
• Representation before the European Patent Office for granting of a European patent;
• Validation of European patents in Bulgaria.
EACH CLIENT WILL RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK CONTAINING ARTICLES WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT TRADEMARKS.
FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER OF ANY OF OUR SERVICES YOU WILL RECEIVE UP TO 15% DISCOUNT.