Ideas Powered for Business SME Fund, which was established a few days ago, will provide grants totaling 20 mln. Euro. Ideas Powered for Business SME Fund is funded by the European Commission and the European Union Intellectual Property Office and is intended for companies that intend to protect their trademarks and industrial designs at the national, regional, and EU level.
How much is the grant?
The grant will take the form of a refund of 50% of the state fees for applications for trademarks and designs, with a maximum amount of up to 1,500 Euro per company. In this way, you can save 50% of the state fees for applications for registration of:
- a national trademark with effect on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- a national trademark with effect on the territory of EU member state;
- a European Union trademark with effect on the territories of all EU member states;
- a regional mark with effect in the territories of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg;
- a national industrial design with effect on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- a national design with effect on the territory of EU member state;
- a Community design with effect in the territories of all EU Member States;
- an industrial design with effect on the territories of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
It is important to note that the refund of 50% of the state fees for applications for trademarks and designs is as follows:
- for trademarks, it is the basic fee paid at the moment of application, excluding additional classes of goods and services;
- for designs, it is the basic fee paid at the moment of application, excluding any additional publication or deferment fees.
The territories for which you have chosen protection depend on your business strategy and growth plans. It is important to note that several trademarks and designs can be mentioned in one application for a grant.
What are the conditions for the company to be approved?
- Only micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) based in one of the 27 Member States of the European Union will be able to take advantage of the opportunity.
- You shall have a certificate from a bank in PDF with the following data: name of the company as the account holder and BIC/SWIFT code.
- The company shall have a VAT certificate in PDF.
- The company shall not have received national or EU funding for the same services or part of them.
When can you apply?
In 2021, a total of five-time windows will be open, during which you will be able to apply. The application time windows will be opened according to the following schedule:
- Time window 1: 11 January 2021 – 31 January 2021;
- Time window 2: March 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021;
- Time window 3: May 1, 2021 – May 31, 2021;
- Time window 4: July 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021;
- Time window 5: 1 September 2021 – September 30, 2021.
Applications for grants should only be submitted in the five-time windows indicated. Applications submitted outside each of the five specified periods will not be considered. Grants will be awarded on an “Application Service” basis.
How to apply?
The application for grants consists of several steps. Firstly, an online application form should be completed and sent in one of the five specified periods, together with the necessary documentation. You will receive an email confirming receipt of the application. If the application is approved, you will receive a grant decision signed by the Office. Next, you should submit the application for registration of your chosen intellectual property right (trademark or industrial design) and pay the state fees within 30 days of receiving the decision to grant the funds. Finally, once you have paid the state fees due, you should apply for reimbursement using the link in the grant decision. After approval of the submitted information and documents, the payment will be made within one month, of which you will be notified by e-mail.
In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 00359 882 308 670 or by making an inquiry through the contact form on this website.