International trademarks – Madrid system of registration. Representation before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
International trademark registration is administered by the International Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), located in Geneva, Switzerland. The Madrid System is comprised of the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol and trademark owners, whose products or services are internationally traded, have the right to use this system to register their mark internationally in selected countries, which are parties to one of these treaties. Before the establishment of the Madrid System, a local lawyer should have to be hired in every country of interest for submitting a trademark application. The Madrid system has facilitated the registration process by having a single filing as well as permitting the applicant to hire a single attorney (who speaks one of the languages: English, French or Spanish), who can be located in the home country of the applicant. Krasimira Kadieva, who is an intellectual property lawyer in Bulgaria, will gladly assist you in your international application due to her English language proficiency as she has obtained LL.M. in International Business Law at Queen Mary College, University of London.
Services provided to clients by the Bulgarian intellectual property lawyer Krasimira Kadieva in this area include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic analysis;
- A preliminary search of existing identical or similar trademarks in order to avoid trademark infringement (unauthorized use) and potential lawsuits;
- Filing an international trademark application before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- Legal representation during the registration process of the international trademark;
- Monitoring of the trademark after the registration;
- Trademark maintenance services:
- Drafting of rules for the use of collective and certification marks;
- Renewal of trademarks;
- Drafting and answering of cease and desist letters;
- Out-of-Court settlement negotiations;
- Drafting of settlement agreements;
- TRADEMARK MONITORING.
INTERNATIONAL TRADEMARK REGISTRATION SERVICE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Strategic analysis;
- Consultation – providing information on the registration procedure;
- Conducting a preliminary search of existing identical or similar trademarks in order to avoid trademark infringement (unauthorized use) and potential lawsuits;
- Drafting of a detailed analysis of the data and recommendations for further actions, including and, where necessary, proposals for change in the trademark before submitting the application for registration to overcome the infringement of existing prior rights on identical or similar trademarks;
- Proposal of an appropriate range of goods and services for which the trademark should be filed;
- Filing of the application form for registration of the international trademark;
- Payment of fees;
- Submission of the application form for registration of the international trademark;
- Legal representation during the registration process;
- Timely communication with the client on the course of the registration procedure;
- Obtaining a certificate for a registered international trademark;
- A reminder of the deadline for renewal of registration of the international trademark.
EACH CLIENT WILL RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK CONTAINING ARTICLES WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT TRADEMARKS.
FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER OF ANY OF OUR SERVICES YOU WILL RECEIVE UP TO 15% DISCOUNT.