EUROPEAN UNION TRADEMARKS
European Union trademark registration is administered by the the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), located in Alicante, Spain. Registration of an European Union trademark (Community trademark) before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) is the best and easiest way for protection of trademarks in the European Union. When the mark is succesfully registered, the protection is spread on the territory of all member states of the European Union. The owner of the European Union trademark (Community trademark or European trademark) has the right to use it not only on the territory of one member state of the European Union, but also on the territory of the whole union.
Krasimira Kadieva will gladly register your European Union trademark by providing professional advice and preparation of all necessary documents.
Services provided to clients by the Bulgarian intellectual property lawyer Krasimira Kadieva in this area include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic analysis;
- Preliminary search of existing identical or similar trademarks in order to avoid trademark infringement (unauthorized use) and potential lawsuits;
- Filing an European Union trademark application before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market;
- Legal representation during the registration process of the European Union trademark;
- Legal representation in case of an opposition against the registration of the European Union trademark;
- Monitoring of the European Union trademark after the registration;
- Trademark maintenance services:
- Registration of change of name or address of the holder of an European Union trademark;
- Restrictions in the list of goods and /or services of a registered European Union trademark;
- Filing of a request for registration and publication of transfer of rights;
- Drafting of opposition against registration of a trademark;
- Drafting of rules for the use of collective and certification marks;
- Protection of the European Union trademark against infringements and enforcement;
- Revocation of European Union trademarks;
- Renewal of European Union trademarks;
- Drafting and answering of cease and desist letters;
- Out-of-Court settlement negotiations;
- Drafting of settlement agreements;
- Request for conversion of an European Union trademark application into a national trademark apllication;
- TRADEMARK MONITORING.
EUROPEAN UNION TRADEMARK REGISTRATION SERVICE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Strategic analysis;
- Consultation – providing information on the registration procedure;
- Providing of a specially prepared brochure containing important information about the European Union trademarks;
- Conducting of a preliminary search of existing identical or similar trademarks in order to avoid trademark infringement (unauthorized use) and potential lawsuits;
- Drafting of a detailed analysis of the data and recommendations for further actions, including and, where necessary, proposals for change in the trademark before submitting the application for registration to overcome the infringement of existing prior rights on identical or similar trade marks;
- Analysis of the mark pursuant to the Regulation 2424/2015 and provision of the results of the analysis;
- Proposal of an appropriate range of goods and services for which the European trademark should be filed;
- Filing of the application form for registration of the European trademark;
- Payment of fees;
- Submission of the application form for registration of the European trademark at theEuropean Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) ;
- Legal representation during the registration process;
- Timely communication with the client on the course of the registration procedure;
- Obtaining of a certificate for a registered European Union trademark;
- Reminder of deadline for renewal of registration of the European Union trademark.
PROPRIETORS OF EUROPEAN TRADEMARKS (COMMUNITY TRADEMARKS) ARE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT A DECLARATION UNDER ARTICLE 28, PARAGRAPH 8 OF REGULATION (EU) 2015/2424 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 24, 2016.